Amazon Best Deals

Sunday 7 August 2016

The Birth Of fixed1t Music Technology And Compositions

Hi,

this is a new fixed1t blog where I explain the development and technology behind my musical compositions which often back my fixed1t videos.

I've been a music technologist and composer for a long time, ever since I started building my first synthesiser in 1978 after failing to fix Ken Bradshaw's (CIRCUS - Lead Guitarist) MXR Guitar Fuzz Box foot pedal in 1978 when I was lead singer, flutist and song writer with my band CIRCUS.


I have built, owned and used a range of kit.  Most purchases were cheap broken beyond repair items I subsequently repaired.  I also had a range of new or second hand working gear, purchased with the proceeds of the repairs I sold on eBay.

Recently I've had a number of questions from people about the sounds and patches I've used and how I put them together with additional original sounds and music to create my compositions.

The most recent has been about one of my tracks called "Flight Of Fancy" a viewer heard on my video:

i-Cybie Robot Dog Playing And Showing Off Its Tricks Cute And Funny 

This used a patch on the Fantastic YAMAHA DJX mkII as demonstrated by my good friend Ollikins:


My Friend Ollkins Playing On My Yamaha DJX mike
Yamaha DJX-IIB DJX IIB So Simple An Untrained Toddler Can Scratch Out Tunes On It 

In this blog I will also include the videos I have created about some of the kit I have owned and tips and software I have developed.  I also plan to do a whole series of Analogue and digital tutorials.

Here are the links to the ones I have already made for you to be going on with:

Using Garageband Archived Samples on a Roland MC-808 Groovebox Sampler

How To Convert Mac Garageband Samples and Loops to Roland MC-808 Part 1 

How To Convert Mac Garageband Samples and Loops to Roland MC-808 Part 2 

How To Convert Mac Garageband Samples and Loops to Roland MC-808 Part 3 

How to Transpose Samples on the Roland MC-808 

#fixed1tMUSICcompositions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its only worth while me spending time on blogs If I know they are being read and it is not easy to know. So If you have taken time to read a blog entry then please leave a comment or question. Thanks Malcolm